If you’re unfamiliar with nail trends and you hear the words “coffin nails,” what comes to mind? It’s not nails with coffins drawn on them. Although, that would be a cute look for Halloween. It’s long nails with a square tip, and the look has become popular with the stars, such as Kylie Jenner, Rihanna, and Kim Kardashian. They are called this because they are shaped like a coffin. It is the kind of look that can be seen in casual settings as well as fancy and glamorous settings.
Another name for these types of nails is ballerina nails. In fact, if you examine the look, you can see how the nails resemble where the toes rest in ballerina shoes, that oval end that ballet dancers use for support as they point their toes. So when a manicurist is speaking of the look, he or she may use either name to describe the nail look.
This is a shape that many feel is more attractive than the very pointed stiletto nails or even oval nails. Furthermore, the nail shape is flattering to all kinds of fingers, no matter the size or color of the skin. They are also easier to maintain because they don’t break off as quickly as, say, stiletto nails. If you can work with the extended length of the nails, they could fit easily into your life.
Coffin nails are long, therefore, it’s unlikely that the average woman will have natural nails filed into this shape. The vast majority of these nails are acrylic nails, gel nails, etc. Therefore, chances are to achieve this look, you will have to get some kind of artificial nail.
There are advantages and disadvantages to artificial nails:
1. Artificial nails are stronger than natural nails and are good for people who are in the habit of biting their nails. They also don’t break as easy as natural nails. Therefore, they can take on more wear and tear.
2. Color on artificial nails does not wear off as easily as it does on natural nails.
3. Many consider a well-manicured artificial nail to look better than a well-manicured natural nail.
1. Artificial nails look artificial. For those who want their nails to look natural, fake nails are not the way to go.
2. Artificial nails can weaken the natural nail underneath, leaving it thinner and discolored.
3. Artificial nails, if misapplied, can lead to infection, etc.
4. To remove artificial nails properly, it should be done by a professional manicurist.
These nails are painted in a wide variety of colors. A design of a basic color, with the addition of rhinestones, is a favorite way to wear the nail. But to get a wide variety of ideas, check for designs on the Internet.
The look is fast becoming the style of choice for women of all ages. With a 21st-century emphasis placed on beauty and fashion, practically every salon will be able to create the look for you with your favorite color.